At the heart of every premium Sentry artificial lift system is the Sentry Gear Reducer.
- We start by combining ductile iron housing and forged high-tensile cast-steel gearing for a superior gear box over common cast and steel combinations.
- To achieve uniform loading and equalized stress during peak torque operation, Sentry gear reducers allow for extra wide gear-tooth interfaces.
- Ensuring no bronze bushings to seize and no shaft wear will occur, alloy steel shafts rotate in oversized precision roller bearings.
- Providing a positive flow to all gear tooth interfaces is a generous center relief.
- A constant supply of lubricant is delivered to the oil galleries with a submerged gear and low-speed wiper system.
- Pitting and bending stresses are addressed with heat-treated steel gear teeth that significantly
exceed API criteria.
The Sentry Gear Reducer is never off duty.